Built in 1986, the Bill Brewster Arena is a cornerstone of winter recreation in Haines Junction. The arena is open from mid October through to the end of March. Minor Hockey has operated for 40 years and consistently has 50-60 players which keep several volunteer coaches busy each season. The sport brings significant economic development to the community during the off season through offering one or two coaching clinics each year and through hosting several tournaments, championships, power skating clinics and high performance camps.
During the winter, the school books the arena regularly to provide skating and hockey as part of their Physical Education program. For adult players, Haines Junction also has Oldtimer's and Female Hockey leagues.
In recent years, the arena has accommodated curling, and one or two bonspiels are hosted annually with curlers from around the territory. A popular weekend broomball tournament winds up every arena season.
Public Skating Fees:
6 and under: $2.00/day or $20.00/month
7 - 18: $3.00/day or $30.00/month
19 - 60: $4.00/day or $40.00/month
Senior (61+): $2.00/day or $20.00/month
The Bill Brewster Arena is expected to open on October 13, 2020. We look forward to seeing you on the ice soon!
The following Bill Brewster Arena COVID-19 Guidelines must be followed by all persons attending the Bill Brewster Arena. Please familiarize yourself with them before coming to the arena, whether you are a hockey player, skater, curler, coach, spectator, parent, assistance worker or for any other reason that you may be entering the facility. Thank you for your cooperation and assistance!
YOUR GEAR - YOUR RESPONSIBILITY
If you store your hockey gear at the arena, please remember:
- You can only access your gear during arena hours.
- If you have an out-of-town game, make sure to bring your gear home with you after you play.
- Do not wait until the last minute if you need to access your gear. The arena may be closed or hosting a private event.
- If staff are not at the arena, please do not phone them at home to access your gear. If it is urgent, you can ask at the Village Office during office hours.
- Please store your gear neatly in the assigned spot. Any gear that is not put away properly will be removed.
- Storing hockey gear at the arena is a privilege, not a right!
Thank you for keeping our arena safe and tidy for all users!