Village of Haines Junction
  • beatnorthernlight
  • heikoDSC09980hhSkiKathleenLake
  • LowellGlacierTriptych
  • cropsamisIMG0976P
  • Image Courtesy of Beat Glanzmann :
  • Image Courtesy of Heiko Haehnsen
  • Lowell Glacier Triptych - Artist Libby Dulac
  • Image Courtesy of Marty Samis -

Between April 1 and September 30, you are legally required to hold a valid permit to light an open fire in the Yukon. This includes:
- burning grass, debris or brush in a burn barrel
- lighting an open fire for any purpose other than a campfire (which does not require a permit)
- burning on all public and private lands
Permits are issued by the Yukon Government:
Wildland Fire Management 1019 Alaska Highway 634-7061
EMR – Compliance Monitoring & Inspections 246 Haines Rd. 634-2256
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, Wildland Fire Management is requesting that public visits to fire centers be limited and that the public call ahead. They are in the process of converting to an electronic burn permit format that can be emailed to their clients.  More information will be forthcoming in the next few days. Please contact them at 634-7061 with any burn permit questions.

Contact Information

The Village of Haines Junction
Box 5339
Haines Junction, Yukon
Canada Y0B 1L0
phone: (867)634-7100
fax: (867)634-2008